Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Fitness Gram

I am taking a class this semester called PE for elementary ed students. Today we had to take the Fitness Gram. Now, I am not an unhealthy person but I definately do not consider myself an athlete by any means. So, when she said that we were going to have to do things like sit ups, push ups, timed laps etc. all I could do was laugh and then warn my fellow class mates that watching me take this fitness gram would be comical for them. So I show up this morning very nervous. By the way did I mention that I am in a class with 2 basketball players, 2 baseball players, a ex-marine, and a personal trainer. So how do you think I am feeling. Very unathletic.

So we take the PACER which is the timed laps. You have a certain amount of time to get to point A to point B. This totals about 8 laps. That was level one. When you begin level two your time picks up so you have a shorter amount of time to get to point A and B. That is an additional 8 laps. Then you move to Level 3, 4 and so on. It actually goes all the way to completing 150 laps. Believe it or not I completed all the way to level 4. Which means I ran 24 laps. GO ME. Then after they brought in my oxygen tank and gave me water we waited for the last guy to finish. He finished at lap 101. I was amazed. Some people just like to show off.

Then we moved to some stretches, checking body fat, etc which I did better than I thought on that also.

Next, we moved on to curls or sit ups. Now, I practiced doing these 2 nights ago and could only do 8 but today I actually did 50. I know there are people that can do many more than that but you have to understand that the only sit ups I do during the day are the ones I need to do to get my self out of bed in the morning.

Lastly, we did push ups. I can be honest here and say I did as well as I thought I would. A whopping 3 pushups was all I could do.

Hey, I am just glad it's over and I can bet you that I am going to be feeling the burn still in the morning and the next day, and the next day, and the next, well you get the picture.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Hi Stephanie!

I am blog hopping - and found your blog. I can't do push ups either. I doubt I could do 2!