Thursday, September 25, 2008

See You at the Pole

Yesterday was See You at the Pole. All HCS students gathered around the flag pole at8:30am to pray and worship. Now, I don't really claim to be a praise and worship leader like some the great leaders I know such as Todd Wright, Paul Baloche, etc. But I do however love picking songs that i know the students will love and watching them sing from their heart and worship uninhibited.

We usually have 1-2 students per class come up and pray for things such as the President, the leaders of our country, our freedom, the soldiers, leaders of our cities, leaders of our churches, leaders of our schools, and for direction for HCS. Then we worship in between each class. So I thought that I would share with you the songs that I picked for our worship yesterday. I did not know how fitting and appropriate they would be to the situation our school is facing until that morning when we sang the songs and instead of worshipping I was crying. It is amazing how God does that. So here are my songs:

Make it Loud- Deluge-the students love this song and they definately make it loud.

All Because of Jesus I'm Alive- Casting Crowns-This was a fun one that all age levels really like.

Your Name-Philips, Craig, and Dean- My students have known this one for a while and they sing it from their heart. It is awesome to see them lifting their hands, closing thier eyes, and just worshipping from the heart.

I Surrender All- Israel Houghton-From the movie "Amazing Grace"- This was kinda new to the students but they sang as much as they could but told me during class that they loved that song and want to learn it. So thats what we did in music class yesterday with my 7th/8th Grade class. We worshipped some more.

Today is the Day-Lincoln Brewster-The students and teachers like this one and there was some dancing going on during this one.

We ended with that song, said one more quick prayer to dismiss and went to our classes. I have to say that is was an awesome feeling after it was over to know that God used me to pick songs that ministered and spoke to not only myself but to those that were there that day. I absolutely love when that happens.

No comments: