Saturday, July 26, 2008

MY FRIDAY........



My Friday was a little more interesting than last Friday.

I slept until about 9am and then got up to drink my morning coffee and do my devotional out side on my front porch. I knew I had a few things to do today so I went ahead and got dressed and cleaned the house. We ate lunch with DW and then headed into town. Our first stop was to Angelina Eye Center to pick up my new Oakley sunshades. I have some special connections there so I was abl to get them for a discounted price. I then went from there to drop my middle child, Madison off to a friend where she was spending the night. The other two kids wanted to play at the waterpark so I decided to take them. I thought that would be a good time to begin reading a book I have been wanting to read. So I stop off at Corner Stone to pick up the book "Redeeming Love" to read. It is an 800 page fictional book but is a wonderful correlation of how God continues to love us no matter what we have done and where we have been. It is wonderful so far and have found my self crying through much of it. Ladies, if you have not read this book yet, I would recommend it highly.

So, we spent a few hours at the water park and I really enjoyed it. The kids played and I sat in the shade and actually got to read for several hours and didn't have the stress of a time schedule. Once the kids were ready to go, I changed them and then took them to get a snowcone from the snowcone place parked in the mall parking lot. We stayed and visited there for a while and then left to meet DW at home. We then went to Sam's to get things we need to go to Houston tomorrow. (We feed 500-600 homeless under the bridge by minute maid park). Then after Sam's we went to visit my sister in law in Huntington. This was meant to be a short visit but we ended up staying until 11pm. Thier nieghbors have puppies that they are giving away and so my husband and I had to fight off two crying children because they wanted to take home a puppy.( I know, I am such a mean mother,but I do not want another dog.)

Then on the way home, Madison calls crying wanting to come home because she does not want to spend the night. So we go pick her up and then head home.

We get home at 12am, throw kids into the bath, and then into the bed, and then, DW and I collapse into bed around 2am.

Wow! I didn't know how busy my day was until I go to type it up on my blog.

2 comments:

Todd Wright said...

Y'all are some busy people!

Sarah J. said...

Hey I did a My Friday!

Sarah J.