Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Dark Night!

I know I am behind everyone else but I took some kids to see the Dark Night last night. These were older kids so it was ok and thier parents agreed to let me take them so I am in the clear. I have never really been a Batman fan nor have I watched all of the 37 Batman movies that have come out over the years but for some reason I really wanted to see this one and I am so glad I did. I was so impressed with Heath Ledger. What an extremely hard part to play but I couldn't think of anyone who has played it better in my opinion. Jack Nicholson did an excellent job but Heath Ledger still by far blew him out of the water.

This movie kept my attention the entire time. But then again the tub of popcorn we bought to eat held alot of my attention also. Man I love movie popcorn. The only thing missing was the M&M's to mix in with the popcorn but after buying the $15 tub of popcorn I couldn't afford the M&M's. But back to the movie. I was impressed with everything about the movie except for the Batman. I am not at all impressed by him. His acting skills were not that great and what was up with the voice when he became batman. It sounded like a possessed Batman.

Maybe it is because I was just so impressed by the joker that I just didn't see much about batman. Or maybe I just have a thing for bad guys. I don't know.

Either way, the movie was excellent and I have now become a Batman or Joker Fan and plan to go see the next one that comes out if there is one.

So, there is my opinion about the Dark Night, better late than never.

No comments: