Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Second Day of VBS

Today was the 2nd day of VBS. We were down quite a bit from last night but I think it was due to the weather and the threat of storms coming our way. We still had a great time and it was very smooth and non stressful. We presented the gospel to the kids tonight but I did not feel the need to pray the prayer with them and the reason is this. We discovered last night that these kids have little to no knowledge of the Bible, much less who God is. We presented the gospel from his birth all the way to his resurrection. We talked a little about how to recieve Christ as thier savior and then reassured them that if they have questions to talk to any of the leaders there tonight or tomorrow night. But I felt very strongly that after having only 2 days of Bible stories that these kids were not ready to make that strong of a commitment and I want them to fully understand the decision they are making. But seeds were planted and many relationships were buildt tonight and that is very important in order for these kids to really recieve what we are wanting to share with them.

One of the leaders is doing a great job of taking pictures of everything so I hope that we will be able to share photos soon.

Tomorrow is the last night and we will be handing out school supplies so I expect many kids to show up.

God was very good tonight. It could have stormed all night but it did not and we were able to have a very succesful VBS. God has truly blessed the last 2 nights and I know he will continue to bless tomorrow night. Thank you, Jesus, for blessing this ministry and allowing me the opportunity to be a part of all these kids lives. I truly am in awe of how God chooses to use me.

1 comment:

Todd Wright said...

Encouraging that you're really thinking/analyzing this event...not just getting bummed if it goes different than expected.

Hope school supply night is great.