Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Wednesday!!!

Well, yesterday was the first day of school and all in all it went very smoothly. It really hit home for me yesterday morning how fast my girls are growing up. Seeing them in thier new rooms and McKenzi standing at her locker caused a huge lump in my throat. My girls are really growing up. Lots of responsibilities for McKenzi this year with homework and science projects due every 9 weeks. We have had Madison tested for dyslexia and should be getting the reports back soon but my gut feeling says she has dyslexia. If that really is the case then there is going to have be alot of work put into first of all keeping her self esteem up and then alot of work put into homework each night. I am so blessed by my children and each day they get a little smarter and seeing them yesterday just showed me how precious each day is with them and not only with my 2 girls but with my sweet little boy who is 3 but feels like he was just born yesterday.

Also, yesterday evening Scott Foster had asked me to do a Monologue for a group of people that he was going to be speaking for. Of course, I agreed and showed up at around 6:30pm. The place was First Assembly and the group was called "Most Excellent Way"

This was a group of people who are recovering from drugs and alcohol and are seeking to make a God change in thier life. I have to be honest and say I was a nervous wreck. I did not know what to expect. Scott told me it was just like the people we minister to on the streets of Houston and at Brandon Park but for some reason for me it was different.

When it was my turn to get up and do my Monogologue I could not even remember the first line and I feel like I had stammered over every word trying to remember what came next and felt that I repeated some lines but after it was all said and done I feel that the Lord used it to minister to those in the room and DW said that it was the best I had ever done so I know the Lord used me.

The beginning of alot of internal healing took place last night in my eyes. This was my first time to be at a group such as this and I felt that the Lord really ministered to everyone in that room. Scott Foster did a great job speaking and he had the opportunity to lay hands and pray over every one in that room personally and it was great.

I love being a part of something like that. I love the fact that God is using me to minister to people like that. I pray he will continue to use me. I will be going back to do another Monologue for them in October and DW will be speaking that night.

I was exhausted when I got home and the devil tried to rob my joy of a great day because when I walked out of that building my head was pounding and by the time I got home it had basically turned into a full migraine and by the time I got in bed I don't even remember falling asleep.

No comments: