Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Last Night of VBS at Brandon Park

Tonight was the last night of VBS. I was elated at the number of kids that were there tonight. All in all we had about 35-40 kids and we handed out about that many backpacks full of school supplies. I so much enjoyed this VBS. It was so nonstressful and so awesome to be able to talk to these kids and for them to call me by name. We definately entered a new level with these kids this week and I am so excited.

The sad thing about these kids is that most of the parets were dropping off kids at the park and the ages ranged from 2-13. Usually the older syblings were in charge of taking care of the babies and the parents just let them go and roam the streets even at that young age.

I felt myself getting very tearful several times tonight because of 2 reasons:
1) That God blessed this ministry this week and allowed so many kids to be a part of this. I know I said it last night but I have to say it again. I am truly in awe that God allowed me to minister to these kids and get to know them on a more personal level.

2) It hurts my heart so much to see some of these kids that want to be loved by someone. I have recieved more hugs from these kids in the last 3 nights than I have any where else. These are kids that most people would label problem kids or kids that are hopeless but in my eyes they are kids that are going to be leaders some day and they need someone to show them how to direct that negative energy into positive energy and how to use that energy to Glorify God.
My heart is very satisfied, but yet very heavy for these kids. I can honestly say that I truly love each and every one of these kids passionately and I can't wait to get to know them even more and see what thier gifts and abilities are so that we can show them how to use them.

I know this is alot to read in one blog, but I promise you I could talk for days about these kids and I would ask that every now and then when you think about it, please pray for the kids in Brandon Park. God is doing something awesome over there and I am honored to be a small part of it.

Starting in September we are going to move over, in addition to Brandon Park, to Stephen Court on Denman. We know of several low income kids in that area that no one is ministering to them so we are hoping we can begin to start building relationships there so please be praying.

I am tired but this is a good tired and I will take this kind of tired any day of the week.

Thanks to those who take interest in this ministry and any time any of you would like to come out and see what we do, or just to help out and visit with these kids then feel free to come out any time.

We are at Brandon Park on the 2nd & 3rd Saturday of this month and then in September we will be at Brandon Park the 2nd Saturday and then at Stephens Court on the 3rd Saturday of every month. Times are 9am-1pm every time.

God Bless!!!!!

2 comments:

Scott said...

I am very proud of you . God can use us when we allow HIM to. All we have to do is walk thru the door He opens. Thats what its all about .

Todd Wright said...

Congrats on a good week...get some rest. You deserve it!