Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Day of School!!

Well tomorrow starts the beginning of a new school year for me and my 2 girls. Mckenzi will be in the 4th grade and Madison is in the 3rd grade. This year is going to be very hard for Mckenzi. Lots of tests, quizzes, and projects to do this year. Both of my girls are smart and I know that they can achieve anything as long as they seek after God. Mom and Dad are going to have to do a lot more praying for them also.

For me it is a bitter sweet, while I feel I did not have much of a summer I am excited what God is going to do this year for me personally and what he is going to do in the life of each student as well as the life of HCS. I am excited about seeing all the old faces and see how much they have grown over the summer and also to get to know the new faces of the ones God has sent our way this year.

Please pray that I will be more bold, minister more to the kids, find more opportunities to minister to the kids, and to enter a new level of worship with each of these kids. This year I am focusing more on teaching the kids the meaning of authentic worship for each one of them. I pray that each student will discover what thier authentic worship is for them.

God has great things in store for this year and I am excited to be a part of it and to see how it will unfold.

Along with that please pray for me because the path God is choosing to take me down is not for the faint of heart and I want to stay faithful to him so please pray that I will stay faithful in the little things and that when I grow weary that I will look to God to fill me back up so that I can continue again to give out to these kids.

My heart is full of love for these kids and I am excited to get to know them on a personal level. It thrills me to know that even outside of the classroom they love to be around me and they speak to me. I love that.

So, here we go!!

No comments: